Supporting agricultural education programs and developing agricultural leaders is the guiding principle of the Wisconsin Farm Bureau Foundation. The Foundation accomplishes this by providing vital financial support to the Ag in the Classroom program, Farm Bureau Institute, and the Wisconsin 4-H and FFA organizations.
Major fundraising accomplishments of the Foundation include:
- The 2010 Wisconsin Ag Open at Christmas Mountain in Wisconsin Dells raised more than $11,628.
- A silent auction at the 2010 Wisconsin Farm Bureau Annual Meeting raised more than $13,600. The fun name badge ribbon sales conducted by the Wisconsin Farm Bureau Young Farmer and Agriculturist Committee raised $1,021 for the Foundation.
- The Learn and Lead and Learn and Lead II Campaigns, Memorial and “In Honor of” gifts, and individual, county Farm Bureau and corporate donations continue to support the Foundation.
- GROWMARK, Inc. provides this support through FS Brand Seed Corn, FS HiSoy® soybean seed, and FS WL alfalfa seed sold in Wisconsin. Frontier FS, Conserv FS, Servco FS and GROWMARK, Inc. cooperatives presented the Wisconsin Farm Bureau Foundation a check for $3,263 to use for local and state Agriculture in the Classroom and agricultural literacy programs. County Farm Bureau Ag in the Classroom programs that meet minimum sales ($15 back to the county) and activity requirements received funding that can be used for agricultural literacy programs and activities. A total of $1,529 was distributed to twenty counties.
The Wisconsin Farm Bureau Foundation’s support over the last year included:
- Sponsoring the 4-H Key Awards given to Wisconsin youth for the 38th year.
- Providing financial support for the Wisconsin FFA’s discussion meet awards and Food for America program.
- Contributing to the University of Wisconsin’s Rural Youth Scholarship Fund.
- Co-sponsoring the Farm Bureau’s annual FFA Farm Forum which provides leadership training experience for FFA members.
- Providing scholarships to four Farm Bureau members enrolled in the two-year Leadership Wisconsin Program.
- Offering continued support for the Wisconsin Cranberry Discovery Center’s educational displays and tours.