Ag in the Classroom Information Meetings – 2012-13
Ag in the Classroom information meetings offer an opportunity to learn more about Ag in the Classroom, educational resources and activities you can use to teach others about agriculture. They are open to Ag in the Classroom (AITC) volunteers, 4-H Extension staff and club leaders, agriculture education instructors, FFA Food for America committee chairmen, FFA Alumni, commodity groups, home school parents, teachers, Farm Bureau members and others interested in learning more about Ag in the Classroom and educational resources about agriculture.
What will be covered?
The meetings will feature agricultural education resources, AITC Matching Grant and Teacher Mini-Grant information, 2012-13 essay contest topic and lessons, Soybean Science Kits, Book of the Year program, and otherWisconsinand American Farm Bureau AITC resources. There will be time have discussion, ask questions and share ideas about programs and activities.
Dates, Locations and Schedule
The meetings located around the state. You are welcome to attend any of the meetings depending on the location, date and time that works for you!
- Monday, November 12 from 6:00 – 8:00 p.m. – Vita Plus in Madison
Vita Plus- 2514 Fish Hatchery Road, Madison, WI 53725. Meeting with UW-Madison Collegiate Farm Bureau to focus on Soybean Science Kit and AITC resources. Others are welcome to join us!
- Tuesday, November 13 from 1:00 – 3:00 p.m. – Brown County Extension in Green Bay
Brown County UW Extension, Agriculture & Extension Service Center, 1150 Bellevue Street, Green Bay,WI 54302 Room to be determined.
- Tuesday, November 20 from 12:30 – 3:00 p.m.- Comfort Suites in Portage
Portage Comfort Suites Hotel, N5780 Kinney Road, Portage, WI 53901
- Monday, November 26 from 3:30 – 5:30 p.m.- CESA #3 Office in Fennimore
CESA #3, 1300 Industrial Drive, Fennimore, WI 53809. Conference Room A
- Monday, November 26 from 7:00 – 9:00 p.m.- UW Platteville Pioneer Farm in Platteville
29200 College Farm Road, Platteville, WI 53818
- Tuesday, November 27 from 2:30 – 5:00 p.m.- Wisconsin Cranberry Discovery Center in Warrens
204 Main Street, Warrens, WI 54666. This meeting includes an opportunity to tour the museum and visit the gift shop from 2:30 – 4:00. The meeting will run from 4:00 – 5:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, November 28 from 4:00- 6:30 p.m.- Dane County Extension Office- Madison
5201 Fen Oak Drive ,Madison, WI 53718. Room 121A
- Thursday, December 6 from 6:00- 8:00 p.m.- Pubic Agency Center- West Bend
333 E. Washington Street (also Hwy 33), West Bend, WI 53095. Room 1113 AB
- Monday, December 10 from 3:30 – 6:00 p.m.- NTC Dairyland Academy- Wausau
6625 County Road K, Wausau, WI 54401. Farm Tour starts at 3:30 and the meeting will be from 4:15 – 5:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, December 11 from 2:00 – 4:30 p.m.- Price County Extension Office, Phillips
104 E. Eyder Avenue, Phillips, WI 54555. Conference rooms A and B- 2nd floor
- Thursday, January 3 from 4:00- 6:00 p.m.- James P Coughlin Center- Oshkosh
625 County Highway Y, Oshkosh, WI 54901. Room A.
There is no charge for the meetings. Registrations are helpful but not required so that we have adequate resources and refreshments. Click here to download the registration form. Questions? Contact Darlene Arneson.
P.O. Box 5550
Madison WI 53705