Summer Trainings for Ag in the Classroom
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and the restrictions associated with it, Wisconsin Ag in the Classroom is canceling most summer training events.
There are many opportunities for training in the summer for teachers and volunteers! This year we are offering a variety of opportunities focusing on different learning styles, highlighting agricultural education programs, visiting an agri-tourism venue and focusing on our Ag in the Classroom resources. Something for everyone!
- CANCELED - June 30 - A workshop on the turf and soils industry for agricultural education instructors at the Wisconsin Association of Agriculture Educator’s Professional Development Conference in La Crosse. Agriculture educators can register via the WAAE Professional Development Conference Link.
- CANCELED - July 9 - Ag in the Classroom, Book of the Year selection, essay contest discussion, hands-on activities, idea sharing and Soybean Science Kit training in Oshkosh. Watch for registration materials!
- CANCELED - August 14 - Learn about academic and career planning, how the agricultural education departments are fostering lateral ACP in grades 9-12, raising fish year-round, experiments with several hydro/aero/aquaponic type systems and Ag in the Classroom resources in Oconto Falls. Watch for registration materials!
- CANCELED - August 18 - Training on Inquiry-Based Education and teaching methods, Ag in the Classroom resources, school agriculture education department and a visit to the SOAR school farm in New Richmond. Watch for registration materials!
- August 22 - Back to School Kick-Off at Farm Wisconsin Discovery Center in Manitowoc. Get all the new Book of the Year, 2020-21 Essay Contest materials, learn what’s new, website resources and tour the FWDC and go on their farm tour. Watch for registration materials!