Ag in the Classroom Volunteer Rally
Friday, October 27, 2023
10:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Radisson Hotel & Conference Center, Fond du Lac
Calling all volunteers! Enjoy a fast-paced workshop filled with new resources, hands-on activities, and plenty of idea-sharing.
Schedule of Events:
- 10:30 a.m. | New Coordinators Intro to AITC
- 11:30 a.m. | Registration and Lunch
- 12:00p.m. | Welcome
- 12:15 p.m. | Wisconsin Ag Literacy Trivia
- 1:00 p.m. | Essay Experts Panel
- 2:00 p.m. | Partnership Opportunities and Ideas
- 3:00 p.m. | Make and Take Ideas for All Classrooms
- 4:00 p.m. | Wrap-up and Dismiss
Registration is $20 and includes lunch, refreshments, and all materials. Volunteers planning to attend the WFBF Leadership Boot Camp Training Series on October 28 can register for both events at a discounted package rate of $30. All Ag Literacy enthusiasts are invited attend and learn more about the Agriculture in the Classroom program, so fill up the car and bring a friend!
NEW! LaClare Family Creamery Tour and Dinner
Join us Friday evening for a tour and meal at LaClare Family Creamery. Learn about the cheeses and cheesemaking operations and enjoy dinner featuring artisan cheeses. Advance registration is required and an additional $15 fee applies.
LaClare Tour and Dinner Schedule
- Before 5:00 p.m. | Explore the visitor center on your own
- 5:00 p.m. | Welcome and Cheese Tasting
- 5:30 p.m. | Dinner
- 6:30 p.m. | Tour and Discussion
A block of rooms is being held for Friday night at the Radisson Hotel, 625 Rolling Meadows Drive, Fond du Lac. Call 920.923.1440 and ask for the 'WI Farm Bureau Foundation' room block. Rooms must be reserved by October 1 to receive the discounted $129+tax rate.