The Wisconsin Ag in the Classroom Program is pleased to announce the three winners of the National Ag Day drawing contest. More than 160 entries were received.
One winner was selected in each of the age categories: 6 and younger, 7 to 9 and 10 to12. All participants received an Ag in the Classroom resource with the winner in each category receiving a book about agriculture. Entries were judged by members of the Wisconsin Farm Bureau Promotion and Education Committee.
The winners were:
- Age 6 and under: Brooklyn, age 6, of Balsam Lake
- Age 7 to 9: Leah, age 9 of Colfax
- Age 10 to 12: Lily, age 10, of Colfax
- Age 6 and under: Abigail, age 6, of Brillion and Ella, age 5, of Fort Atkinson
- Age 7 to 9: Lilly, age 9, of Omro and Serena, age 8, of Holmen
- Age 10 to 12: Garrett, age 11, of Clinton and June, age 10, of Colfax
National Ag Day was celebrated on March 24. This year, many activities were canceled or done virtually due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Wisconsin Ag in the Classroom conducted the Ag Day drawing contest along with encouraging volunteers to read to students or connect through other activities virtually.